Trips to the doctor usually aren’t fun, but chances are, you’ll need to go at least a few times throughout your life. When you do, you’ll want to see someone who is close to where you live or work, as well as someone who can tend to your unique needs.
Even if you’re not sick, having a primary care physician (PCP) at your disposal for annual well visits, vaccines, and any health concerns is highly advisable. Should you need X-rays, lab work, or inpatient surgery, knowing which facility participates in the CDPHP® network, is nearby to where you live or work, and meets your unique needs (e.g., accommodates other languages) is invaluable and can save you time, hassle, and even money.
To help you quickly and easily find the right doctor and health care facility, CDPHP developed Find-A-Doc, a comprehensive and user-friendly search tool. Gone are the days of clunky, wasteful, paper-based provider directories (although, you can still request one if you so choose). Rather, you can effortlessly search for a doctor from your computer or even your mobile device. What’s more, by using Find-A-Doc instead of a paper directory, you’re guaranteed to receive the most accurate and current results.
How to Use Find-A-Doc This handy tool was designed with every CDPHP member in mind, from tech wizzes to neophytes and college kids to seniors, and is easy to use. It’s also easy to find once you’re on the CDPHP website. Just look for the green box on the right-hand side of your screen. For demonstration purposes, let’s walk through the steps for finding a PCP. Once you’re on the main Find-A-Doc page:
- You can either select your plan type from the dropdown menu or enter your member ID (this information is listed on your member ID card).
- Next, enter a street address (if you happen to have a particular doctor in mind) or the city and state or ZIP code of where you live or work so you can find a doctor who’s close.
- Be sure to specify the distance you’re willing to travel in the dropdown box beneath the address field.
- Select the type of doctor you’re looking for from the Specialty dropdown menu. In this case, we want to find a PCP, but you can also choose from a range of other specialties.
- Side note: If you are actually in the market for a PCP, consider choosing one who participates in our Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) program, which encourages doctors to focus on quality over quantity. You’ll benefit from more time with your doctor, easier appointment access, and much more.
- If the specialty you need isn’t listed, try the Other Services Search. When you click the Other Service Type dropdown menu, you’ll see an array of options, from family planning to sleep disorders.
- If you do know the name of the doctor you’re looking for, you can enter that information in the next field.
- To further refine your search, click the Advanced Search option. From here you can specify your doctor’s gender, whether or not he/she is accepting new patients, any hospital affiliations, and additional languages spoken.
- Click Search and a detailed list, complete with addresses and phone numbers, pops up.
- If you want to modify or customize your results, the option to do so is on the left side of your screen.
Tip: The more information you provide, the more precise and targeted your results will be. This is useful for when you don’t have the time, or motivation, to scan through 300-plus listings.
Finding a Pharmacy The steps for searching for a hospital, laboratory, urgent care center, and X-ray/radiology facility are relatively the same as the provider search. Locating a pharmacy, on the other hand, is a bit different:
- First, check your member ID card to determine which pharmacy network you have.
- Premier: For CDPHP plans offered through an employer
- Value: For CDPHP Individual health plans (including Medicaid and Child Health Plus)
- Medicare: For Medicare Choices members with Part D coverage
- Next, click the link that corresponds to your network (you will be taken to Caremark’s website).
- Fill in your ZIP code or city and state.
- Click Advanced Options to further refine your results.
- Click Search.
That’s it! Now you’re well on your way to establishing a health care team that meets your unique needs and is convenient to where you live or work.
Our Doctors are What Set Us Apart
As a physician-founded and governed plan, CDPHP places a high priority on cultivating a comprehensive, reputable network of doctors and health care providers so that our members can access the best care possible. Odds are that several of these providers are near you. Find-A-Doc can help you locate the right one.